We live in a paradigm where a woman is thought to be beautiful and sexy if she has big breasts, a small waist, and a tight curvy bottom. Have you seen a lot of real women who fit this mold – especially after they have had life’s most incredible experience of giving birth to new life? Real women have curves and curves are beautiful!
Most of us are familiar with the difficulty of losing weight and keeping it off. We live in a culture of fast food, frequent dining out, and readily-available-ready-to-eat-packaged-to-go-high-carb/fat-so-called-snackfood. In addition, a myriad of conditions can develop as we age that cause our bodies to gain body fat, which include:
• Hormonal imbalance (including thyroid dysfunction and insulin resistance)
• Adrenal imbalance (due to chronic stress)
• Neurotransmitter imbalance
• Impaired detoxification
• Microbiome imbalance in the gut
• Systemic inflammation
Most young women begin struggling with weight gain during adolescence when the body starts preparing for the fertile years. Fat helps to produce and maintain hormones and promotes the healthy development of the fetus, as well as the mother’s milk production. Women who have less than 8% body fat are at risk of becoming infertile. Having too much body fat can predispose a developing fetus to obesity later in life and leads to a plethora of health complications for both mother and child during pregnancy. Being severely overweight or obese increases the risk of:
• Cancers (endometrial, breast, and colon)
• Metabolic syndrome (metabolic abnormalities that increase the risk of cardiovascular
disease and type 2 diabetes)
• Coronary heart disease
• Dyslipidemia (elevated cholesterol and/or triglycerides)
• Gallbladder disease
• Gastroesophageal reflux disease (heartburn)
• Obstructive sleep apnea
Maintaining a healthy body weight as we age takes a lot of work and there are few of us who have the time to devote to traditional exercise regimes that guarantee success. That’s probably why there are so many overweight people. In fact, the topic of weight control surpasses all others in books, product lines, and health-related issues.
There is no better time than now to find a program that works for you and make a firm commitment to get fit. This doesn’t mean skinny. It means that you attain a weight that is comfortable for you and that allows you to do the things you want, whether it’s putting on a bathing suit or riding a mountain bike.
How do you choose a program that will work for you? Look for these important aspects to help you decide:
1. Is this something you can do for the rest of your life? If the program is promoting the use of weight loss supplements; injections; cancer inducing laser/ultrasound treatments; or manufactured/processed foods to eat, you can be sure that it is a temporary fix and more likely than not, you’ll gain the weight back (and more) when it’s discontinued.
2. Is the program teaching and enabling your effort to improve health? It’s impossible to lose fat tissue if the body is suffering from dis-ease. Muscle tissue is more energy efficient to burn than fat tissue. Since the body’s priority is survival, it conserves energy by preferentially burning muscle tissue in times of stress or dis-ease.
3. Is the program flexible and adaptable to any lifestyle? If you’re on the go, you need a program that will teach you how to eat in restaurants as well as how to prepare healthy quick-fix meals.
4. Is the program evaluating your individual obstacles to fat reduction? There are many health conditions that inhibit weight loss and there is nothing more frustrating than starving yourself and participating in painful exercise only to gain the weight right back because your body is doing everything it can to conserve the adipose tissue.
A good program will evaluate your individual health; provide education on how foods and food combinations affect your body and metabolism; address the emotional aspects of eating; provide information on the most effective fat-burning exercise regimes; explain how to make healthy food choices; avoid environmental toxins; educate on how to obtain a healthy microbiome in your GI tract, and especially how to eat to allow the body to burn fat tissue rather than muscle tissue for a lifetime of health.
Congratulations! You have just found that program! Choose Vibrant Living presents the A Way Of Life Weight Control Program to help you get healthy and fit!
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anias Nin.
To read more about how the A Way Of Life Weight Control Program will assist you in becoming who it is you want to be, click here. Let go of inhibitions, “shoulds” and fears and DO IT! With our help, you can blossom, feel good, and look great!